Mark your calendars for Preservation Week 2021, April 25-May 1, at the University of Illinois Library. These virtual events are free and open to the public. If you will need disability-related accommodations to participate, please contact Shelby Strommer (email@example.com).
Join five preservation professionals representing a broad range of specialties and expertise within the field. Panelists will discuss their education and career paths, and answer questions from the audience. All are welcome, and current and potential Library Science students are especially encouraged to attend.
- Jacob Nadal, Director for Preservation, Library of Congress
- Miriam Centeno, Preservation and Digitization Strategist, The Ohio State University Libraries
- Henry Hebert, Conservator for Special Collections, Duke University Libraries
- Daniel Johnson, Digital Preservation Librarian, University of Iowa Libraries
- Sarah Mainville, Media Preservation Librarian, Michigan State University Libraries
Moderator: Bridgette Hammond, Digital Preservation Graduate Assistant, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Library; Candidate, MA history/MS Library & Information Science Joint Degree Program