Registration is open for the European Union Center's 2022 summer curriculum workshop, "War, Peace, and the EU." This year's workshop will be held online from Tuesday, June 28 to Thursday, June 30, 10am-1pm CDT. There is no cost to attend.
While all K-16 educators are welcome, the curriculum materials are geared mainly towards high school and community college educators. This year's workshop will feature lectures and interactive presentations by university faculty, researchers, and K-12 educators. Workshop topics will include:
- The EU as a Solution to War
- Geopolitical Challenges and Current Threats to Peace
- The EU and Transitional Justice
- Holocaust and Memory Studies in Sweden
- Social-Emotional Learning
- Teaching Controversial Content in Difficult Times
Illinois teachers can receive up to 7 ISBE PDHs (Professional Development Hours) for attending the workshop. Each participant's number of hours attended will be calculated based on Zoom attendance data, rounded up to the nearest quarter hour. For example, if you attended for 190 minutes, you will receive 3.25 PDHs.