This is a virtual event featuring four federal leaders focused on the Biden administration’s climate strategy and specific implications for the Midwest. The event will provide an opportunity for leaders from key departments in the new administration to share their vision with climate leaders in the Midwest. The event will also continue to build momentum for more coordinated climate work in the Midwest and highlight the strength of existing sub-national actors in the Midwest.
- 11:00am-11:05pm CT – Welcome Remarks
- 11:05am-11:25am CT – Andrew Wishnia – US Department of Transportation (DOT), Deputy Assistant Secretary
- 11:25am-11:45am CT – Janet McCabe – US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Deputy Administrator
- 11:45am-12:05pm CT – Carla Frisch – US Department of Energy (DOE) Acting Executive Director and Principal Deputy Director, Office of Policy
- 12:05pm-12:15pm CT – Sonia Aggarwal – The White House, Senior Adviser for Climate Policy and Innovation
- 12:25pm-12:30pm CT – Closing Remarks
Register Here: https://midwestclimatesummit.wustl.edu/registration/