Ready, Set, Flow is an online writing retreat for scholars who want to write in a healthy, sustainable way. This opportunity is open to UIUC faculty and graduate students. The retreat is sponsored by HRI and offered at no cost to you!
You’re not alone if you:
- need an effective strategy for quickly starting each writing session
- avoid your writing because you don't know where to start
- crave uninterrupted blocks of writing time, but feel paralyzed when you sit down to write
This retreat will give you the time you need to write and the strategy you need to make the most of that time. You’ll learn how to quickly clarify what needs to be done and how to enjoy a strong sense of satisfaction once you’re finished. By the end of the day, you will have made meaningful, measurable progress on your writing. You will know how to identify exactly what needs to be done in each writing session. And you’ll know how to apply those skills to future writing sessions.
How Will it Work?
- We’ll begin with a workshop that teaches you to quickly start each writing session with focus.
- You'll apply what you learned during your writing time, working on whatever manuscript feels most meaningful and manageable
- We’ll close by clarifying and celebrating your accomplishments
- You’ll leave with enthusiasm for your writing and confidence in your ability to jump start it on your own.
For more information and to register, visit https://www.inkwellretreats.org/uiuc.html.