Are you ready to change the world?
Tackling global challenges starts with understanding a problem and its wider context. Map the System 2021 is a competition that challenges you to explore the issues that matter to you, think differently about social and environmental change, and share your findings with the world.
- Join a movement that values understanding problems before proposing solutions.
- Develop your systems-level thinking, research, and changemaking skills.
- Receive guidance, coaching, and support via workshops and office hours.
- Gain insight to launch your own social venture or social innovation project.
- Pitch ideas to win cash prizes and a chance to compete in the Global Finals.
Map the System is open to all University of Illinois students.
Apply as an individual or in a team of up to 5 members. At least one participant must be a current Illinois student. Recent alumni, non-students, or students from another institution may join an eligible Illinois team.
An Illinois team won 2nd place among 31 finalist teams in the Map the System 2020 Global Finals and was awarded £3,000 for their project on menstrual inequity in the United States. Read more.
Take action. Sign up here to receive Map the System updates about information sessions, workshops, key deadlines, and details about the campus semi-final and global competition:
Upcoming Info Sessions (6-7 pm via Zoom): 11/12, 11/13, 11/19, 11/20, 12/3. (Sign up for the email list to receive updates/links here.)
View event flyer