The Segregation Pandemic: Brown as Treatment or Placebo
Register now and plan to join us for a livestream watch party and a panel discussion following this year’s AERA Brown Lecture.
This year’s speaker is William F. Tate IV, Provost and Executive Vice President of Academic Affairs at the University of South Carolina, and leading expert on the intersections between race, education, society, and public health. Our watch party will be an interactive opportunity to engage with colleagues in the college and submit questions for our post-watch party panel discussion!
Following the watch party, stay on the Zoom webinar to participate in the College of Education’s panel discussion of the lecture and the importance of the Brown decision. Featured panelists:
- Adrienne Dixson, Professor of Education Policy, Organization and Leadership and DEME member (Moderator)
- James D. Anderson, College of Education Dean
- Rochelle Gutierrez, Professor of Curriculum and Instruction
- Helen Neville, Professor of Educational Psychology
- James Shriner, Associate Professor of Special Education
- Colvin Georges, Doctoral Student in Education Policy, Organization and Leadership.