Get one-on-one comprehensive training in the advanced field of microsurgery.
Dr. Heidi Phillips at the University of Illinois offers individualized, intensive training including the proper use of an operating microscope, micro-instruments, micro-suture, and live animal models (rats).
- Use of the operating microscope
- Dissection and cannulation of arteries and veins in the rat
- End-to-end and end-to-side arterial and venous anastomoses as well as interpositional grafts and free tissue transfer
- Nerve transection and anastomosis
- Rodent anesthesia and monitoring
- Humane treatment and euthanasia