iSEE invites you to a series of events throughout October to celebrate and promote sustainability in our campus community! Here are a few highlights:
- A monthlong Waste Reduction Challenge, where participants use a points system to track their waste each day throughout October to reduce the amount of trash they generate.
- A Campus Trash Pickup on Friday, Oct. 15, starting at the Engineering Quad.
- A "TED Talk: Eco-Edition" event on Tuesday, Oct. 19, where participants will watch a pre-recorded TED Talk and take part in a guided discussion on what goes into a sustainable economy.
- The annual Campus Sustainability Celebration on Wednesday, Oct. 20 at NCSA, marking the university's progress on sustainability; participants can also watch the livestream on YouTube.
- Illini Lights Out on Friday, Oct. 22, an opportunity for students to turn off lights in campus buildings for the weekend to save energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Other events include Green Quad Day on Tuesday, Oct. 12, and the first-ever Student Sustainability Summit Research Symposium on Tuesday, Oct. 26. You can find details for all events on iSEE’s Sustainability Month Calendar!
The fall iSEE Congress on "Circular Food Systems" also begins this month as a series of one-hour webinars by expert panels. Visit the iSEE Congress website for more information!