"The Phantom Menace: Unraveling the Mystery of Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy" will highlight the journey of medical management and our personal experience in our NICU managing infants with HIE. To be presented by M. Jawad Javed, MD, FAAP, Division Head & Medical Director of Neonatology; Professor of Clinical Pediatrics; Program Director, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Training Program, Co-Director, Illinois Department of Public Health North Central Illinois Perinatal Network.
- Define the terms neonatal encephalopathy (NE) and neonatal hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy (HIE)
- Describe the pathophysiology of neonatal HIE
- Describe the clinical presentation, assessment, and management of neonatal HIE
- Review the literature supporting HIE management
- Share the OSF Healthcare Children’s Hospital Neonatal Experience of perinatal HIE with outcomes data
The University of Illinois College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians, residents, medical students, and all other providers.
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) College of Medicine designates this Live activity for a maximum of (1) AMA PRA Category I Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.