The Research Park at the University of Illinois will host the Illinois tour stop – an outreach effort that connects innovators and entrepreneurs to non-dilutive, technology funding opportunities provided through the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs, known as “America’s Seed Fund.” The event features programming, and 1:1 meetings between innovators and Federal Agency Representatives, to help attendees navigate over $4 billion in early-stage funding opportunities through America’s Seed Fund.
We are currently working on the agenda for the Illinois road tour event. Below are sessions that are typically included:
- Overview of America's Seed Fund
- Reverse Pitches from Federal Agency Representatives
- One-on-One meetings with Federal Agency Representatives
- Panels & Presentations - examples could include agency OR technology specific SBIR/STTR sessions, sessions featuring successful tech startups that received SBIR funding, Illinois SBIR/STTR grant matching program, resources available through the Illinois FAST Center and partners
- Opportunities to network and meet with entrepreneurial support organizations
We will share more information in early 2024 on how to register for the event and to sign-up for 1:1 meetings with Federal Agency Representatives. We will also offer pre-event opportunities to help participants prepare for those 1:1 meetings. Additional details will be posted here and shared via several ecosystem channels.
Additional information about the national America's Seed Fund Road Tour outreach effort is available online at https://www.americasseedfund.us/road-tour.