Obstetric Patient Safety: OB Emergencies Workshop 3rd Edition
Despite efforts from many collaborating agencies and professional organizations, the maternal mortality rate in the United States continues to remain high. The Obstetric Patient Safety (OPS): Obstetric Emergencies Workshop 3rd Edition is designed to help clinicians identify, assess, and manage the care for patients with an obstetric emergency through simulation and debriefing. Clinicians working in the following departments: perinatal, emergency, medical-surgical, ICU, and critical access will find this course essential to caring for patients experiencing an obstetric emergency.
- Identify key factors that place the patient at higher risk for an obstetric emergency.
- Demonstrate effective management for pregnant or postpartum person during an obstetric emergency.
- Role-play with a multidisciplinary team using simulation-based cognitive, behavioral, and technical learning strategies to practice management of a patient experiencing an obstetric emergency
- Materials include the prerequisite course, participant handouts, and Workshop resources. Nursing contact hours or CME: 10.75 (0.75 pharmacy) Expires: May 31, 2025
- NOTE: Successful completion of the prerequisite course is required prior to attending the live portion of the Workshop.
The Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses is accredited with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Accredited status does not imply endorsement by AWHONN or the ANCC of any commercial products displayed or discussed in conjunction with an educational activity. AWHONN is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP580.
Physicians, this activity was planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of AffinityCE and AWHONN. AffinityCE is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Mention of any products in AWHONN’s Obstetric Patient Safety: OB Emergencies Workshop does not constitute an endorsement by AWHONN.