The Beckman Institute Open House is scheduled for 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday, March 31 and 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, April 1.
Community members of all ages are invited to do interactive demos and activities, solve the science scavenger hunt, and learn about the institute’s diverse research portfolio, which includes human health and medical imaging; clean energy and green plastics; and even artificial intelligence and insect-inspired robots.
Guests can travel to locations throughout the building to:
- Take a selfie with the first-ever human MRI scanner.
- Learn how advanced medical imaging transforms cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- Tour an inclusive maker space where assistive technologies are developed by and for athletes with disabilities.
- Construct molecules from scratch with the Digital Molecule Maker.
- Engage with molecules like DNA in virtual reality.
Each experience brings guests one step closer to solving the science scavenger hunt, which can be completed by downloading the Beckman app or with a pen-and-paper kit that visitors will receive upon their arrival.