Back to Listing
Due to COVID-19, we have canceled the rest of the spring 2020 semester workshops. We are working to have alternative online content to support your research and teaching available soon. Please watch this space for announcements.
Browse our workshop descriptions: Request a Savvy Researcher Workshop Spring 2020
Share Your Video Online with Kaltura
- Event Type
- communicating your research
- University Library - Scholarly Commons
- 314 Main Library. Take the north stairwell (Armory and Wright Street entrance) to the 3rd floor of the Main Library and make a left at the top of the stairs.
- Mar 31, 2020 2:00 - 3:00 pm
- Alan Bilansky, Technology Services
- Scholarly Commons
Kaltura (mediaspace.illinois.edu) is a YouTube-like service that makes it easy to record micro-lectures, have your students submit video assignments, or publish your job talk to the Web. All U of I people can post and share videos, and you can use it to promote your research, for teaching, or outreach. You can upload videos you've already made, or record directly online, and edit your videos online, too. We will cover what you need to know to get started publishing with Kaltura, and follow up with consultation for your specific projects.