Back to Listing
Due to COVID-19, we have canceled the rest of the spring 2020 semester workshops. We are working to have alternative online content to support your research and teaching available soon. Please watch this space for announcements.
Browse our workshop descriptions: Request a Savvy Researcher Workshop Spring 2020
Creating Digital Exhibits with Omeka.net
- Event Type
- digital scholarship
- University Library - Scholarly Commons
- 314 Main Library. Take the north stairwell (Armory and Wright Street entrance) to the 3rd floor of the Main Library and make a left at the top of the stairs.
- Mar 23, 2020 1:00 - 2:30 pm
- Spencer Keralis, Assistant Professor, Digital Humanities Librarian and Kaylen Dwyer, Graduate Assistant
- Scholarly Commons
Do you have materials that you want to showcase online, but don’t know how? The Omeka family of online exhibit software supports digital exhibitions with minimal technical know-how required. In this workshop, we’ll use Omeka.net to introduce participants to digital exhibits. Whether you have a research project, collections of materials, or another type of project that can be showcased in an exhibit, the Omeka suite can work for you. Participants will learn:
- How to plan for a digital exhibit including lo-fi prototyping
- How to design an exhibit, and describe and upload materials
- Strategies for using digital exhibits for outreach and pedagogy