Back to Listing
Due to COVID-19, we have canceled the rest of the spring 2020 semester workshops. We are working to have alternative online content to support your research and teaching available soon. Please watch this space for announcements.
Browse our workshop descriptions: Request a Savvy Researcher Workshop Spring 2020
Coding Qualitative Data (for free) with Taguette
- Event Type
- University Library - Scholarly Commons
- 314 Main Library. Take the north stairwell (Armory and Wright Street entrance) to the 3rd floor of the Main Library and make a left at the top of the stairs.
- Mar 3, 2020 3:00 - 4:00 pm
- Jessica Hagman, Social Sciences Librarian
- Scholarly Commons
Many full-featured (and expensive!) qualitative data analysis (QDA) software programs are overkill for exploratory analysis or when you're on a deadline. In this workshop, we'll walk through setting up a project in the open source QDA software Taguette. By the end of the workshop, we expect you'll be able to:
- Install Taguette or access the web-based version of the program.
- Import textual qualitative data into Taguette.
- Code your data using Taguette.
- Export your coded data and codebook for further analysis.