Back to Listing
Due to COVID-19, we have canceled the rest of the spring 2020 semester workshops. We are working to have alternative online content to support your research and teaching available soon. Please watch this space for announcements.
Browse our workshop descriptions: Request a Savvy Researcher Workshop Spring 2020
Choosing Qualitative Data Analysis Software
- Event Type
- University Library - Scholarly Commons
- 314 Main Library. Take the north stairwell (Armory and Wright Street entrance) to the 3rd floor of the Main Library and make a left at the top of the stairs.
- Feb 7, 2020 10:00 - 11:00 am
- Jessica Hagman, Social Sciences Librarian
- Scholarly Commons
Qualitative Data Analysis (QDA) software offers tools for engaging with data for your qualitative or mixed-methods research project, but many tools are time-consuming to learn, expensive, or both. In this workshop, we'll work through a series of decisions you'll need to make as you decide whether to use QDA software and choose one that is the best fit for your research process and approach to coding and analysis. By the end of the workshop, we expect you'll be able to:
- Describe the factors that influence the choice to use QDA software and to choose a software that fits your research needs.
- Use these factors and an understanding of your research process to decide which software will best fit your needs.