Back to Listing
Due to COVID-19, we have canceled the rest of the spring 2020 semester workshops. We are working to have alternative online content to support your research and teaching available soon. Please watch this space for announcements.
Browse our workshop descriptions: Request a Savvy Researcher Workshop Spring 2020
Starting Your Qualitative Research in Nvivo
- Event Type
- University Library - Scholarly Commons
- 314 Main Library. Take the north stairwell (Armory and Wright Street entrance) to the 3rd floor of the Main Library and make a left at the top of the stairs.
- Mar 24, 2020 4:00 - 5:00 pm
- Jessica Hagman, Social Sciences Librarian
- Scholarly Commons
NVivo is a popular tool for analyzing qualitative data. In this workshop, we'll work through the process of setting up a research project in NVivo. By the end of the workshop, we expect you'll be able to:
- Import your qualitative data into NVivo.
- Describe the coding tools in NVivo and decide how to apply the tools to your project.
- Use Nvivo's query tools to explore your data and relationships among codes.
- Create memos to document and support your analysis.