The Linux Clusters Institute (LCI) is holding an Introductory-level workshop at Dartmouth College in Hanover, NH on August 22–26.
If you are a Linux system administrator new to HPC, this is the workshop for you! In just five days you will:
- Learn HPC system administration concepts and technologies and how to apply them
- Get hands-on skills building a small test cluster in lab sessions
- Hear real-life stories and get to ask experts questions in panel discussions
View the tentative workshop schedule here.
- $545 through July 15
- $650 after July 15
WORKSHOP LOCATION: DARTMOUTH COLLEGE
- Haldeman Center 041, Food in Haldeman Center 031 | 29 N Main St, Hanover, NH 03755
- Kemeny Hall 007 (Food in Haldeman Center 126) | 27 N Main St, Hanover, NH 03755
TRAVEL AND HOTEL SUGGESTIONS
Special Rate Hotels
A number of rooms have been reserved for the LCI Introductory Workshop at each hotel listed below. These rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis and will only be available for booking until Friday, July 22.
- Within Walking Distance of Campus (best suited for those without vehicles)
- Six South St Hotel | 6 South Street, Hanover, NH 03755 | (603) 643-0600
- Approximately 5–10 minute walk to Haldeman Center
- LCI Room Block Rate: $199/night plus tax. Call (603) 643-0600 to request a room.
- Close Driving Distance of Campus (best suited for those with a vehicle)
- Hilton Garden Inn Hanover/Lebanon | 35 N Labombard Rd, Lebanon, NH 03766 | (603) 448-3300
- LCI Room Block Rate: $189/night plus tax. Call (603) 448-3300 to request a room.
Manchester NH (MHT) or Boston Logan (BOS)
There is a free bus (https://advancetransit.com/routes/blue/) that runs until about 6 p.m. from campus. The bus ride from campus to the stop nearest the Hilton Garden Inn is 15 minutes; then there is an approx. 10 min walk from the stop to the hotel. However, we recommend that those without a vehicle stay at Six South which is within walking distance.
Campus Parking Pass
There is an option on the registration form to purchase a campus parking pass if you’ll be driving in for the workshop. Check out the Visiting Dartmouth website for other helpful information.
Contact Leslie Froeschl at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!