A remix is a piece of media (songs; photographs; videos) which has been altered from its original state by adding, combing, and/or redefining portions of the original. This workshop will explore how to develop remix assignments to challenge your students to not only consume popular media, but to contribute to our cultural landscape by examining and re-purposing existing media messages.
This workshop counts towards the Graduate Teacher Certificate, the Teacher Scholar Certificate or the Certificate in Foundations of Teaching.
Additional Post-Retreat workshops include:
- Wednesday February 27th 12:00 – 1:00 pm Visual Storytelling: Theory and Practice
- Monday March 11th 12:00 – 1:00 pm Multimodal Assignments with Adobe Spark
- Thursday March 14th 12:00 – 1:00 pm Sound Advice: Audio Storytelling for Everyone
- Tuesday March 26th 4:00 – 5:00 pm Building the Past: Using Design Applications and Virtual Reality in the Social Studies Classroom
- Thursday March 28th 12:00 – 1:00 pm Leverage High-Impact Learning with ePortfolio