Back to Listing
Submit an event here
. Please allow 48 hours for your submission to appear on the calendar
Linguistics Seminar Series Lecture - Anita Greenfield (Grad. Student, UIUC, Linguistics)
- Event Type
- Department of Linguistics
- Lucy Ellis Lounge, 1080 Foreign Languages Building, 707 S. Mathews Ave., Urbana
- Dec 9, 2019 4:00 - 5:00 pm
- Anita Greenfield, Graduate Student, Linguistics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Free and open to the public.
Speaker bio: Anita Greenfield's research interest is in the process through which English continues tospread globally and how ideologies about the English language are reproduced,contested, and transformed in local settings in the outer circle. Her current research focuses on the agency of “native English speaking teachers” in theseprocesses and examines the narratives and classroom practices of “NESTs”working in South Korean classrooms.