What is AI4ALL Discover AI?
- Discover AI is a virtual program in partnership with your school that offers a hands-on introduction to computer science and artificial intelligence (AI), ethical issues surrounding AI implementation, and tech careers. There is no cost to participate.
- Students that complete the program will emerge with actionable next steps in pursuing an academic or career path in AI - and the opportunity to continue in the following semester to our second program, Apply AI and direct mentorship from industry leader in the AI and tech industry.
Why should students consider the AI4ALL Discover AI program?
- At the end of the program, participants receive an AI4ALL Discover AI certificate of completion.
- Students that complete Discover AI will be invited to opt-in to Apply AI in the following semester - which takes the concepts found in Discover AI further, and involves working with industry mentors currently working in the AI industry on an AI-specific project.
- To unlock access to our industry partners that support AI4ALL by mentoring and guiding College Pathways students from companies like Google, Capital One, Facebook, Slalom Consulting, Accenture, Pearson and more.
- Students that complete the programs have access to Changemakers - AI4ALL’s career development program that can also help program alumni find an internship in AI and guide you in your professional journey in AI.
When does Discover AI run for Spring 2022?
- The Discover AI program runs for 10 weeks starting in February. Program timeline varies by school and will be provided during the info session.
The program is both synchronous and asynchronous. The synchronous elements vary by school and will be provided during the info sessions.
- Freshman, Sophomore, Junior only
- Open to all coding levels
- The program is designed for all levels of experience with computer science and/or AI - from never taking a class on the subjects to having experience with them.
- Essay question (500 words or less)
- If under 18, parent approval form
About AI4ALL Programs:
AI4ALL programs are designed to bring together and highlight voices that have been historically excluded, and that will lead and shape the future of AI. We aim to serve the following students, especially those at the intersection of two or more of these identities:
- Indigenous Peoples, Black, Hispanic or Latinx, Pacific Islander, and Southeast Asian
- Trans and non-binary; two-spirit; cis women and girls
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, asexual, and queer
- Students with a demonstrated financial need (for example, students who receive financial aid)
- First-generation college student