ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
This annual conference will bring together regional college faculty with the aim of increasing research on and teaching of the European Union at universities and four-year and two-year colleges in Illinois and the Midwest. It will facilitate the building of a dynamic network for regional educators with interests in EU studies. The conference will include panel discussions in which participants can present their research on the EU, as well as sessions on effective teaching of EU-related subjects.
Presentations on any topic relevant to EU studies are welcome.
Colleagues with only a nascent academic interest in the EU are invited to join us without being obligated to present any materials.
Graduate students are welcome. We will also consider participation by graduate students. Travel support will also be possible for graduate students whose abstracts are accepted for presentation.
Registration fee: There is no registration fee for the conference or pre-conference events.
Note about lodging: The EU Center has reserved a block of rooms at the Illini Union Hotel and will provide one night of free lodging on November 9, 2018. We can also provide overnight accommodation for an extra day on November 10th if you need it and will be driving for more than 150 miles. Please see the link to the registration form above for details. Please note that you do NOT need to contact the hotel; simply indicate whether you will need overnight accommodations or not and for which dates when you register on-line.
The hotel has free parking available. Free wireless access is available in guest rooms and conference room.
- Hear timely discussions on contemporary European and transatlantic affairs by prominent diplomats, scholars, practitioners, and activists
- Great networking opportunity
- Learn new strategies for teaching the EU
- Discuss research/teaching interests with colleagues
- Engage in discussions on EU studies as a field
- One-night of free accommodations on UI’s Champaign-Urbana campus
- Travel reimbursement grant of up to $150 available for participating faculty