Before the pandemic, the Graduate College provided up to $350 for students to travel to a conference, and the number of awards given to a department depended on the department’s size. This year’s Conference Presentation Award program will operate slightly differently, i.e., it will provide a department with funds, in increments of $450 depending on size, and the department may then disburse the funds for conference travel or for conference registration fees.
- Applicants must be registered and in good academic standing during both the term the application is submitted AND the term during which the conference takes place (exceptions to this are made for summer).
- Applicants may receive only one Conference Presentation Award per academic year.
- Students in non-degree, online, cost-recovery, and self-supporting programs are ineligible.
- Awards are supported by Students for Equal Access to Learning (SEAL) fees, which are part of the Student Initiated Fees. Therefore, applicants must have paid the Student Initiated Fees in the semester during which they apply. For details on fees, see the Office of the Registrar's website.
- Students who are not assessed the fees, e.g., students registered in Credit Range III or IV (less than 6 hours), may become eligible by paying the fee at a cashier's window in 100 Henry Administration Building
Eligible Travel Periods: For fall term awards, the conference must take place anytime from the beginning of the previous summer to the end of the following summer.