The "Samsung AI Researcher of the Year" recognizes promising researchers who have made outstanding research or contributions to the field of AI. We encourage highly-qualified individuals that meet the eligibility requirements to submit applications directly via the website.
- Faculty or research scientist at a university or public research institute.
* Undergraduate and Doctoral Students are not eligible; however, post-doctoral researcher and
research scientist can apply for the award.
- A 3rd party nomination is not required to be considered for the award.
- Applicant must be age 35 or under on August 10, 2021.
- Research must be in the field of artificial intelligence.
Rewards and Obligations:
- A plaque and monetary award of $30,000 USD.
- Winners are required to give a presentation about their research at the 2021 Samsung AI Forum.
- Award ceremony will be held during the Samsung AI Forum on November 1, 2021. This year the forum will be held online due to COVID-19.
- The award ceremony, winner interviews, and awardee technical presentations will be pre-recorded.
Nominations are due by July 31, 2021. Submissions will be accepted through August 10, 2021. Apply here.
The application process is open to all eligible faculty/researcher, and a 3rd party nomination is not required to be consider for the award.
Please contact Hannah Gorrie with any questions.