Argonne National Laboratory strives to provide students with access to high-quality STEM learning at national labs, and we want to help you on your own STEM journey and connect you with real-world applications for science.
We want to reach out and invite you to the Laboratory’s second annual First Look@Argonne Conference on Friday, October 23, 2020. This year’s conference will be conducted virtually. The day-long conference will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Learn about the Department of Energy (DOE) complex and Argonne’s mission science research.
- Explore Argonne’s campus virtually and get a front-row view of DOE research facilities.
- Network with Argonne researchers and engineers across the many different STEM disciplines.
- Learn about summer and year-round opportunities to get involved with STEM at the Lab.
- Connect with current and past interns.
- Participate in career development seminars.
- Consider participation in a tandem event, Computing Across the Sciences Mini-Semester, to further prepare you for an internship at a national laboratory.
Our goal for this conference is to showcase the diverse STEM research and opportunities at Argonne and across the DOE laboratory complex, and the support we offer in navigating the summer internship application process.
As a student applicant, you are required to:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student in a community college or four-year higher education institution in a STEM discipline.
- Have a cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be a United States citizen or Legal Permanent Resident.
- Identify as an underrepresented minority in STEM.
Please complete a quick application to register. Register by 10/14/20!
Please contact our University Student Programs team (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to seeing you at First Look@Argonne.
University Student Programs