The Graduate College's Conference Presentation Award program offers funds to assist graduate students giving a presentation at a professional conference (either in-person or online). For in-person conferences, awards will help cover travel expenses. For online conferences, awards will help cover registration fees. Awards are available only to those students who are making a presentation at the conference. Awards may be offered as reimbursement for recently-completed conference travel/participation or for upcoming travel/participation (see “Eligible Travel Periods” below).
This year’s Conference Presentation Award program will provide a department with funds, in increments of $350 depending on size, and the department may then disburse the funds for conference travel or for conference registration fees. Within the department's allocation, there are no limits on the dollar amount awarded to a particular student for eligible expenses. As well, there are no limits on the number of students a department may elect to support with its allocation.
Application is by department nomination only. Students do not apply directly to the Graduate College. Instead, students submit materials to their department, then the department selects applications for submission to the Graduate College.
- Applicants must be registered and in good academic standing during both the term the application is submitted AND the term during which the conference takes place (exceptions to this are made for summer).
- Students attending a conference without giving a presentation are ineligible.
- Applicants may receive only one Conference Presentation Award per academic year.
- Students in non-degree, online, cost-recovery, and self-supporting programs are ineligible.
- Awards are supported by Students for Equal Access to Learning (SEAL) fees, which are part of the Student Initiated Fees. Therefore, applicants must have paid the Student Initiated Fees in the semester during which they apply. For details on fees, see the Office of the Registrar's website. Students who are not assessed the fees, e.g., students registered in Credit Range III or IV (less than 6 hours), may become eligible by paying the fee at a cashier's window in 100 Henry Administration Building.
Eligible Travel Periods: For fall term awards, the conference must take place anytime from the beginning of the previous summer to the end of the following summer.
The Department Deadline for this award is Monday, October 30, 2023 by 11:59PM. For more information and to apply, please see here: https://wiki.illinois.edu/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=814940447