The First-Generation Focus (FGF) is a semester based program designed to develop, support and empower first-generation college students in their first & second year of college and help them gain greater confidence in the areas of Financial Well-being, Career Readiness & Persistence, and Personal Wellness.
About the Program
● We believe that if these students participate in FGF, they will develop specific skills and competencies, which in turn leads to a set of long-term outcomes such as self-efficacy, community engagement, and resiliency that together establish a foundation for life success.
About the Participants
● The students that join FGF are freshman and sophomore college students who: identify as first-generation, are currently enrolled at a college or university in the United States and do not require sponsorship for employment authorization for future employment opportunities.
● Program Pillars: Financial Well-being, Personal Wellness, and Career Readiness & Persistence
● Mentorship: Program participants are provided the option to be paired with a trained Capital One mentor to help them further understand our company and for additional support during the duration of the FGF program
● Other Opportunities: Throughout the program, other internal and external opportunities are highlighted to students to provide the option to join
o Examples include: early internships and programs, development events, interview prep workshops
● Alumni: All FGF cohorts will have the opportunity to connect for continuous professional development and networking. FGF Alumni will also be considered for future employment opportunities at Capital One
● Additional events: Optional office hours, study breaks, game nights, cohort specific graduations
FGF in the News
● LinkedIn Hashtag: #FirstGenFocus
● FGF Alumni Student Article
● Capital One Careers Blog
● Capital One Instagram Post
● Her Campus Article
● Teen Vogue Article
Call to Action
If you're ready to take advantage of this amazing opportunity and:
• You identify as an incoming first-generation college student (neither parent has a four-year degree in any country)
• Classified as a Freshman or Sophomore
• Have not participated in the FGF Program before
Then we encourage you to consider the opportunity below. We look forward to meeting you soon!
Applications are currently open and rolling until a cohort hits capacity. We plan to add a new cohort every semester with the next one starting in February 2023!
Apply HERE if interested:
After completion of the program, students can be funneled into other programs and internships Capital One has to offer:
o EE alumni program
o EIP (If Freshman)
o TIP (Junior)
Have questions or want more information? Email our team at email@example.com.
WHATEVER YOU DO, BE YOU