Take the Fast Lane to Your Career!
NPRE invites you to join us Tuesday, September 24, for 2019 SPEED-Interchange.
The Student Professional Excellence in Engineering Development (SPEED)-Interchange event allows you to meet with NPRE alumni and company representatives who come to campus to share with students information on employers, internships, and career opportunities and strategies. This year, we are expecting Exelon Corp., JENSEN HUGHES, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, and Sandia National Laboratories.
The event will include a pizza lunch in Room 220 Talbot Laboratory. To join in the lunch, you must REGISTER for SPEED-Interchange. The confirmation email you receive for registering will serve as your lunch ticket, so please remember to bring that with you (you can show it on your smart phone). The registration deadline is September 20.
The SPEED-Interchange guests will hold small group informational sessions from 1:30-3:30 p.m. in various places in Talbot Laboratory as well as a panel session from 4-5 p.m. in 2310 Everitt Laboratory. The panel session will serve as the 596 Graduate Seminar. Light refreshments will follow the panel discussion.
The Grainger College of Engineering Career Services office will host a series of events that can help you prepare for SPEED-Interchange and the college's Career Fair September 10-11. Those events include:
- Quick Byte: Career Fair, Sept. 3, 11:30 a.m., 407 Illini Union
- Quick Byte: Interviewing Tips & Techniques, Sept. 3, 12:30 p.m., 407 Illini Union
- Quick Byte Grad Guide to: How to turn your CV into a Resume, Sept. 5, 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., 2240 DCL
- Quick Byte: Offer Negotiation, Sept. 6, 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., DCL
- Grainger Resume Review: Sept. 3-6, 5-7 p.m., 4th Floor, West Wing, Grainger Library
- Handshake, Sept. 3, 5-6 p.m., DCL 2240
- Career Fair Boot Camp, Sept. 9, 10:30 a.m., 2240/3300 DCL
Join us for this opportunity to network and establish contacts! For more information, please email Becky Meline at email@example.com .