The WRC's 3rd Annual Strive Awards celebrates Illinois students, staff, and faculty doing incredible gender equity work on our campus, and we hope you will join us in celebrating them. The awards are:
- The Advocate Award: This honor is for a faculty member, staff member, or student who consistently “walks the walk” and advocates for gender equity in their everyday lives, even when it’s hard.
- The Scholar Award: This award is for a faculty member, staff member, or student who advocates for and advances gender equity through their academic and professional endeavors.
- The Dr. Ruth Nicole Brown Coalition Award: This honor is for a student who brings diverse groups of people together across identity lines to advance gender equity.
- The Pat Morey Legacy Award: This award is for a student who engages in gender equity work that will benefit the University of Illinois campus long after they graduate.
- The Strive Together Award: This honor will go to a Registered Student Organization (RSO) that has made significant contributions towards gender equity during the current academic year.
The nomination form is open at go.illinois.edu/Strive2022 and it will close on Friday, March 11 at 5 p.m. CST