Coffee & Conversation
What?: An opportunity for faculty, staff and employers to connect prior to the start of the Career Connections Expo
When?: Thursday, February 14th 10:00 - 11:00am
Where?: The Recreation and Athletic Center, TRAC (Hospitality Area sectioned off in Gymnasium)
This networking opportunity will include a brief panel discussion with campus leaders sharing highlights about academic programs and student accomplishments. The event will wrap up with an opportunity for informal networking between faculty, staff, and employer attendees. Coffee, tea and light breakfast items will be available.
For planning purposes, an RSVP from UIS Faculty and Staff and Expo employer participants planning to attend is appreciated. Register here: https://forms.illinois.edu/sec/2693128
Learn more about the Career Connections Expo here (open to Student, Alumni, and Community jobseekers!) https://www.uis.edu/career/students/events/career-fairs/careerconnectionsexpo/
10:00 - 10:05 It begins
- Grab a refreshment, find a seat, and meet someone new
10:05 - 10:10 Opening Remarks
- Mark Dochterman, Visiting Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Engagement
10:10 - 10:25 Campus Speakers
- Natalie Herring, Associate Provost for Enrollment Management
- Keenan Dungey, Associate Vice Chancellor for Research and Institutional Effectiveness
- Bruce Sommer, Director of Economic Development and Innovation
10:25 - 10:30 Audience Questions
- Moderated by Kristin Nisbet-White, UIS Career Development Center Employer Development & Informatics Liaison
10:30 - 11:00 Networking and Exit to the Career Connections Expo.
The Career Connections Expo runs 11:30am – 2:30pm and is open to the community.