REGISTRATION IS NOW FULL.
Participants must be at least 18 years of age and are required to supply their own boots and appropriate outdoor clothing. Each workshop is limited to 20 participants and registration will be open until spots are filled.
This is a 1-day Learn to Hunt: Turkey workshop. This workshop is designed to teach new hunters: why, how, and where to hunt wild turkey in Illinois. All activities will be completed in the field so please dress appropriately. Advanced registration is REQUIRED.
Tentative Workshop Schedule
- 8:00 -- Sign in and registration
- 8:30 -- How are hunters conservationists?
- 9:30 -- Turkey scouting 101
- 10:30 -- Turkey setups, calls, and decoys
- 12:00 -- Lunch (Please bring your lunch!)
- 12:30 -- Firearm and archery safety
- 1:00 -- Target shooting
- 2:30 -- Cleaning and processing harvested birds
- 3:30 -- Wild game cooking
- 4:00 -- Review and Q&A
Click here to register!