These sessions will focus on topics relevant to both physicians and veterinarians.
This first session will be an overview of human and veterinary medicine. Topics include:
- Historial overview of connection, including the One Health Initiative
- Epidemiological patterns, inlcluding those local to Champaign County
- Public health implications of cross-disciplinary collaboration
- How collaboration can improve health outcomes for human and animal patients
- Practice changes for both physicians, veterinarians, and their supporting medical team
- Disease tracking in both human and animal populations