Back to Listing
How to design an effective research poster presentation
- Event Type
- communicating your research
- University Library - Scholarly Commons
- 314 Main Library. Take the north stairwell (Armory and Wright Street entrance) to the 3rd floor of the Main Library and make a left at the top of the stairs.
- Mar 29, 2018 2:00 - 3:00 pm
- Merinda Hensley, Digital Scholarship Liaison and Instruction Librarian
- Scholarly Commons
Poster sessions at conferences and professional meetings are a way to convey the details of your research or conclusions. Posters are used in a variety of disciplines from the sciences to the social sciences, and great posters need a defined organizational strategy. This hands-on workshop will introduce you to the basics of poster design, presentation strategies, and printing.
Note: This session is particularly helpful for undergraduates presenting a poster during Undergraduate Research Week.