The Beckman Institute will be holding its final Graduate Student Seminar of the semester at noon, Thursday, May 2, in Room 1005 of the Institute. Three PhD students will discuss their research for which you can find their abstract briefs here. Lunch will be provided.
The featured speakers and their lecture titles:
- "Hydrophobicity-driven Unfolding of Trp-cage Encapsulated between Graphene Sheets"
- Zhikun Cai, nuclear, plasma, and radiological engineering; Beckman Institute Graduate Fellow; Beckman's Computational Molecular Science Group
- "High Definition and Fast Infrared Imaging of Breast Tissue: A Paradigm Shift in Cancer Diagnosis and Survival Predictions"
- Shachi Mittal, bioengineering, Beckman Institute graduate Fellow, Beckman's Bioimaging Science and Technology Group
- "Photoacoustic Microscopy Using Photonic Integrated Circuit Detectors"
- Jorge Tordera Mora, electrical and computer engineering, Beckman's Bioimaging Science and Technology Group